Friday, June 5, 2020

Jay Cooks | A regular Friday | Work from Home | A Working Mum Woes

 

While I work from home, hubs is the one preparing all the meals at home on weekdays. I enjoyed the times that I get to see my children while I'm working, but then there are times where the kids are making so much noise, it is impossible to have a meeting online in peace. It really is a dilemma, but I'm thankful to God for such an experience. I truly enjoyed watching my kids leaving the gate, saying their goodbyes to me with a skip and a smile. I've never really had a chance to see this since normal days I would be in the office by 9am.

And by 2pm, Jules will be home, shouting "MUMMY!!!". It is a wonderful experience. Sometimes when I'm not in a zoom, I will hug him and tell him to go wash up and have lunch. On thursdays, my zoom meeting starts at 10am and ends at 2pm. So I don't really have any time for anything, including lunch.

between 2pm to 4pm, it is relatively quiet at home and so I can conduct my zoom meetings in peace, but once 4pm onwards when both Jade and James return home via school bus, OMG. It is like a playground. Shrieks, laughters....actually it's happy noises at home. If I'm not working, I think it can be quite pleasant. But when I'm in a zoom, I actually find it very disruptive. So many times, i actually shouted at them and then I feel so guilty later.




above: lunch yakitori sticks, soba noodles and fried cuttlefish balls



Dinner - seafood paella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...