Saturday, October 1, 2022

Happy Birthday Lynna | Japanese Curry

Preparing Japanese cuisine from scratch and cooking for 10 pax was like super busy for me!!! First thing first, I made a big batch of dashi stock using bonito flakes and kombu, so this will be used for my miso soup and chawanmushi. Next, fortunately i have my helper to smash the pork loins, but after baking them, it was abit too tough, guess my pork loin is too lean. Not enough fats.

For the Japanese curry, I bought cube roux so that's one step less and faster to prepare lunch. Cut potatoes and carrots, onions, grated an apple and we set off to cook the curry.

Once the curry is cooking, we started to prepare the salad, shred the cabbage, japanese cucumbers and cherry tomatoes, drizzle sesame seed sauce and set aside in the fridge. One side is done!

Next, slice the fishcake, shrimp and gingko nuts for the chawanmushi.

After the pork loin were hit by the back of the knife, pushed back to its original shape, we had to dress it with flour, egg and breadcrumbs and into the oven to bake them instead of frying - it's a healthier choice!

For the miso soup, I used my dashi stock, soaked seaweed, cut silk tofu cubes, mushrooms and sliced salmon.

 



above: cling wrapped for a smooth chawan mushi!
above: baked tonkatsu!
my home made dashi stock with bonito flakes and kombu
above: my japanese curry on its way!







Above: James reading while waiting for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...