Sunday, April 26, 2020

Velle Cooks | Sunday

No Hotplate? Bring your own frying pan to the table.
I missed hotplate egg tofu, so today I'm going to try to make it by myself. And I do not have a hotplate at home so I'm going to bring my entire frying pan to the dining table!

Don't you miss those tze char dishes? I definitely miss them...like hotplate tofu, black pepper venison, salted egg prawns, sweet sour pork...all the wok hey taste, not easy to replicate at home.  BUT, today I'm going to try my hand at hotplate egg tofu with mince pork.

The egg tofu has to be separately fried first, so this was the only challenge because it created lots of oil splatter on my kitchen counter. Next to stir fry the mince pork, carrots and chinese mushrooms, simmer them down with a sauce ( i used oyster sauce, light soy sauce, water, dash of white pepper and sugar). Once they are cooked, put the fried egg tofu on top and pour in beaten eggs, cook on medium heat, once the egg starts to solidify, it's time to take the pan off the stove as the egg will continue to cook due to the remaining heat from the pan.

it tastes really yummy, but there's so much cleaning up to do!!!

After lunch, weekly grocery time. Some vegetables we have no more space in our vegetable compartment, so we just have to leave them outside for the time being.
 Tonight, I'm prepareing braised soy sauce chicken! And chives omelette.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...