Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Singapore Circuit Breaker | Day 15

Breakfast - home made cookies and coffee
Our circuit breaker which was scheduled to end on May 4, has been extended to June 1. And it is now mandatory to wear a mask if we were to go out and only 1 person from every household should be away from home at any one time. This meant that we had to continue to work from home for another 1 more month...and with 3 kids at home, it is not going to be easy.

We have received worksheets from the kindys to occupy the kids with, but seriously they can't do much without guidance and supervision. During the last 3 weeks at home, it is almost impossible to teach, guide and tell the kids what to do and how to do their worksheets; less preparing their meals and still having to complete the tasks at work.

I'm sure there are many parents who work from home feels the same. And everyone is looking forward to resuming normal life once this circuit breaker is lifted. Next week is Jules' 8th birthday already and he is quite upset that he doesn't get to visit his grandparents, no birthday gifts and even now with the stricter measures in place, it seems like getting a birthday cake will be a problem too!

headache.

While I juggle early mornings before 9am to start the kids to some craft work, hubs will start on lunch. From 9am onwards, I will be telecommuting till lunch, in between I get intermittent disruptions because my children will be coming into the room and asking me how to do this, how to do that, what should i do next, etc.

But the upside of things, I enjoyed my lunch breaks with my children even though we can't even step out of our home.
above: Jade coming into the room to show me her lego aeroplane. Or maybe it is a rocket. I'm not sure. My door gets open by little kids like 20 times a day while I work. And there's no lock on my glass door.
 above: hubs is going to cook white vermicelli today!
白米粉


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...