Friday, November 16, 2018

7D6N | Self Drive Holiday | Perth with kids Day 01

YES!!!
Today we are finally on our year end holiday to Perth Australia. Both my children and myself have been eagerly waiting for this moment to arrive. It wasn't until we reached Changi Airport that I begin to feel the holiday spirit within me!

My Father-in-law was very kind to chauffeur our whole family to Changi Airport. The kids were all seated at the back with the luggage while myself, MIL and helper sat in the 2nd row.
And we have reached Changi Airport Terminal 2!!! Said our farewells to my in-laws and helper and we are off to find some lunch! We are taking Scoot to Perth and I didn't order any meals onboard, but I have packed some sweets and biscuits in the kids' backpacks, so that are pretty much covered in terms of food. Hubs also downloaded some kiddy games like "Cut the rope" and "Spot the difference" for the boys to entertain themselves when they are bored on the 5 hour trip. For Jade, she fell asleep while waiting for boarding time.

For WIFI, hubs rented a WIFI router from Changi Airport for usage in Australia and it can be shared with many mobiles. Good for me and hubs so we don't have to switch our sim cards out.
above: most unfortunate event. Our flight is delayed by 2 hours!!! and we are already at the waiting lounge. Tried to charge our mobiles at the seating charging station and it was not working....
above: Finally managed to board the plane and Jade was zz-ing away until the steward came to me with the child safety seat belt and I had to put it on for Jade and she woke up.
 James and hubs sat together in the row in front of us while Jules, myself and Jade sat behind them.
 The kids enjoyed the 5 hour ride. Thank god we made it sanely.
Once we reached the airport, hubs called "no-bird" to tell them to come and get us. Guy on the phone said that they will be there shortly, about 15mins wait.
above: waiting in the cold, outside Perth Airport. And after waiting like half an hour, a "no bird" van came...and the worst and disgraceful thing happened. Singaporeans who came out of the airport later than us, rushed to the "no bird" van and took the ride! And left us waiting in the cold when we were there first.  I had 3 children to look after and we had luggage to tend to, thus it was really difficult to rush to the van. I felt so horrible and disappointed with Singaporeans! Especially the adults who could see us with young children. Really! shame on you.
above: after waiting for another half hour, we reached the "no-bird" office, filled in some papers and collect our Toyota RAV4 SUV which managed to put 2 car seats and 1 booster seat (in front) with me squeezing in the middle seat at the back. The boot had our 2 big luggage and stroller.

FINALLY WE ARE IN PERTH!!!
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...