Friday, March 16, 2018

March Holidays - Bangkok Day 3 (Travelling with kids)

So fast. It's already our 3rd day in Bangkok. This time round, we left the boys sleeping in the wee morning and snugged out to Pratunam Morning market. I think there are no more elephant walking around Pratunam morning market...and the stalls selling the clothes were so-so. I think I had more fun shopping at Platinum mall with air-con and not having to worry about cars and motorcycles in my way. In the end, I only bought myself 2 knitted tops for 80 baht each, some sporty wear (long dress) for 150 baht. I wasn't in the mood for bargaining in the morning...so where ever I saw a store with price tags on their clothes, I just went in to look see and look see.
Back at the hotel about 830am...the boys were still fast asleep! So we woke them up for breakfast and told them today we are going to Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World! Today we took a tuk tuk to Siam Paragon for 80 baht.

I thought the whole Sea Life thing was pretty interesting but Jules were more interested in getting stamps along the way.







If you succeed in collecting all stamps, you can redeem a badge at the souvenir shop at the exit.
Lunch was at Siam Paragon's foodcourt. But first,  you will need to purchase their card before buying anything from the stalls. After that, you can return back the card. The pork trotter rice was very savoury, the boys enjoyed eating it. They shared a huge coconut, but the flesh was quite tough. Hubs and I shared a Thai Ice Milk Tea and had some vietnamese spring rolls as we were still quite full from breakfast.

Walked down to Central world street market for some fried pork...and I was even tempted to buy mango sticky rice. But seriously I think I need to have some self control here, getting fat from all these food trips!
above: Look at all that roasted cripsy pork!!!
back at the hotel. Something which James loved to do - playing hide and seek in the laundry bag! I have no idea why he finds this so facinating and he kept on doing it by himself!
Late afternoon, almost evening, we went for a walk at Platinum mall upstairs where the snacks stalls are located. Bought cripsy pork (3 packets for 550 baht) , Tom Yum flavoured cashew nuts (100 baht each), peppercorn Bak Kwa....if you have the time, you can find more interesting local goodies, but since I have 2 boys with me. I just bought what I came for...and went on for some shopping!

Bought shorts for Jade. 2 pairs for 150 baht. A cheap deal.
The boys' t-shirts were slightly more expensive especially the good quality cotton ones which were very soft to touch. Like the animal and transportation prints were selling at 550 baht for 4.

The turquoise stripe Polo tees were 150 baht each. The plain grey and stripey tees were 100 baht each.

We all had dinner upstairs (Platinum Mall) since i was too tired to think of anywhere else to eat. I had Tom Yum instant noodles, Hubs had Pad thai while the boys had omelette as they said that they weren't hungry. Total bill came up to 400 baht.
And although i was tired, i continued shopping! And i bought 7 more tops including 1 for my mummy. The flower collar and black ribbon blouses were the most expensive at 350 baht each but I only managed to find it at one store...so I don't mind paying a little extra for exclusivity. I found the cat collar white blouse really cute too...so bought it at 160 baht. Bought a pajamas white looking blouse for 200 baht...quite steep too but I really didn't want to buy 3 pieces from the same shop. Got myself a leather card holder for 100 baht cos my current one is spoilt. And lastly elephant print tees for the boys again which was 80 baht each.

and if you are into flavoured beer, you can give Cheers Strawberry flavour beer a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...