Monday, August 14, 2017

DIY Fruit Clay - Show and Tell Project

hello!
every term, the school will request every student to do a show-and-tell on a friday. This term's topic is on Fruits. So to foster children parent bonding session and creativity, this show-and-tell session will need the parent to do some art & craft project with their kid. This has to be a joint effort and even if you don't manage to find time to do it together with your child, you are required to "train" him/her on what to present.

so here's my..opps. our show-and-tell project on fruits.
I bought a packet of clay from Daiso. my trusty store to go to for cheap handicraft materials. And I had a packet of satay sticks at home. So i decided to do Fruit Kebab!

or rather it was more of hubs idea to do some fruits on a stick. and have those fruits sticks stuck on a box. Anyway I took Child Care leave for this. I flatten the clay with my palms, had cups and round containers of various sizes to cut the circular shapes out. Next I used my metal ruler to cut them into halves which made them look like slices of oranges, lemons etc. Poke the slices of clay fruits onto the satay sticks...and just leave them out to dry for a night.

above: fruit kebab - clay fruits on a stick
second day: time to get my box of poster colours out. Simple ones like the lemons and starfruits, i let Jules paint. but the kiwis and watermelons, hmm..those were a bit more tricky...better for adults to do...even under supervision, the kids at age of 5 wouldn't be able to paint nicely. Already...he was pretty excited as the fruits are starting to take form. After painting, leave them out to dry another night.

third night after school. I let Jules draw the seeds with a marker...for the watermelons and strawberries. Again, the kiwis and dragonfruit...i did it myself.
 above: close up on the seeds



above: finished DIY clay fruits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...