Friday, June 17, 2022

MOE Heritage Gallery

It is the mid of the June School Holidays and I'm clearing my annual leave. This year, we stumbled onto the Children Season 2022 (28 May 2022 - 26 Jun 2022), organised by the National Heritage Board and the museum roundtable. For a month, there were a huge line up of children's activities at all the participating museums and galleries like story telling, workshops and performances.

Below: My children getting their stamps for their Passport Stamp Activity Collection. Today, we are visiting the MOE Heritage centre which is within walking distance from our home. Actually I had planned for the whole family to visit museum downtown but since hubs was down with C+ on Tuesday, he is still recovering and so I plucked up some courage and brought the children down myself.

The gallery had quite a detailed history of our Singapore's Education system prewar and post war, the school's student desks and old tvs. In the past, no digital projectors and laptops but the use of OHP and transparencies. Use of blackboards instead of whiteboards. And I personally love the collection of all the school song, motto and badge. There was a section that showcased all the old school textbooks too!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...