Saturday, August 7, 2021

Velle Cooks \\ Wing Bean Salad

 

It is a long weekend over here in Singapore as we are celebrating our Nation's birthday on coming Monday. Today is a Saturday and since I have a long weekend, I'm preparing a more elaborated lunch today. Had my 2nd dose of vaccine last evening and after my jab, I walked pass a Sheng Shiong Supermarket and they were selling wing beans!

For today, I'm cooking Tom Yum Soup and Wing bean salad and hubs will be doing up a Korean fried chicken. Amazing colours I am having on my kitchen counter today! I'm so excited to start. For the Tom Yum Soup, I started the soup base first with galangal, lemon grass, lime leaves etc, dump all the Tom Yum spices into a pot and let it simmer. What I usually add in my Tom Yum Seafood soup - squid, prawns and button mushrooms. Sometimes I will add sliced fish if I have in my freezer. If you are wondering for the top photo, what am I doing with the carrots and potatoes, they are actually for tonight's dinner ABC soup!

While my soup pot is simmering, I set out to prepare the Wing Bean Salad, lots of things to cut and slice. You can find Wing Bean salad sauce online.

  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 3 tbsp lime juice
  • 3 tbsp coconut milk
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 2-3 bird's eye chillies, sliced
  • 1 tsp sugar 
Ingredients
  • 1 packet of wing beans
  • 3 tbsp toasted peanuts
  • 3 tbsp toasted grated coconut 
  • 1 shallot and 2 tbsp fried shallots (2 different types)
  • 1/3 cup mint leaves

Blanched the wing beans in hot water in 1 min and quickly drain it off and put in cool water. Add the rest of the ingredients and salad sauce.









Dinner
  1. stir fry spinach with silver fish 
  2. ABC soup
  3. green peppers stir fried pork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...