Sunday, December 24, 2017

Home@Stirling - Xmas Eve Preparing Dinner

It's christmas eve. For dinner, I'm preparing seafood stew. Bought a box of frozen Hokkaido scallops from NTUC. Frozen shrimps with tail too...regret. should have bought fresh ones. Frozen calamari rings. Green mussels and clams fresh from NTUC.
Mass of christmas presents received from friends and relatives and includes presents to be given away tonight too! This year, the presents have all stacked up like a christmas tree. There will be lots of giving and receiving tonight...can't wait.
Hubs is doing his lemon press. He is thinking of Hongkong's salty 7-up drink...and wants to replicate it for tonight's thirst quencher.



Next up is my all-time-favourite: baked veggies. Really simple. Prep time is about 15mins to cut all the veggies up. I just need to drizzle them with olive oil, dash of salt and pepper and in goes into the oven for 15mins at 260deg. Easy peasy.

i'm wearing green today! and with matching abalone earrings DIY by my BFF! She said the abalone shells were picked up during her honeymoon in South Africa...love her to bits for being so crafty and sharing.
next up. LIVE lobsters. yeap we bought them from Tanglin Mall's Market Place. Really good deal. think it was $50 for 2!!! We kept it alive by putting them in a bowl covered with wet towels and left them in the fridge (upper most compartment where it is the coldest) overnight. And they were still kicking when we took them out.
 Above: Jules. Not afraid and even puts the lobster close to his mouth.







above: my seafood stew...almost done now. Really quick. after cooking/stir fry the lobster together with 10-15 cloves of whole garlic, set it aside...i did the soup base with chicken broth, a can of stewed tomatoes, added all the rest of the seafood and started for it to cook on high heat for about 10-15mins before i brought it down to low.
above: I left some baby carrots on the side to dress up my christmas hen later....together with sprigs of rosemary. I usually purchase my hen from Cold Storage but they don't come in a fancy dress...so I will have to dress them up myself!

For appetisers, I bought packets of party cheese, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries...plus they really look good on the plate. The Emmetal cheese was really good...it was snapped up the fastest. The strawberries were a big hit too because they were so sweet and they were bought from NTUC.

ritey...
stay tuned for my next post on my Christmas eve dinner !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...